"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Twain)

Monday, November 7, 2011

Sweden

Upon arriving in Stockholm, I had the feeling I was going to get on my bike and just ride as quickly as possible to England. However, I was introduced to the Swedish east coat cycle route and suddenly I cannot get enough of riding in Sweden. The route was sign posted from Stockholm to Ystad and took me down the coast through national parks along back roads. The scenary was unbelievable and I was able to just pedal and take it all in. The weather isn't ideal and its dark by 5pm, but it hasn't dampened my spirits one bit considering the majority of the last 7 years I have lived in the tropics, which makes the dreary weather somewhat of a novelty for me. 
Tomorrow I will venture to the happiest country in the world. To say the least I am quite curious about the happy Danes.















Is there a better way to celebrate six months on the road????
 

No comments:

Post a Comment