"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Twain)

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Saint Petersburg


After Moscow I hopped another train to beautiful St. Petersburg (STP). Yes, I know lots of trains in Russia but there are 11 time zones in this country so cycling it borders on impossible with a 30 day visa.  STP is one of the most picturesque cities I have ever visited and gave me the feeling that Europe and the end are not far off.  Most of my time here was spent either wandering by foot or bicycle down unknown streets just admiring the beauty of this city. I have to say Peter did an excellant job when building his home base.  My only complaint was that one of his ATM machines ate my card, but the problem has been rectified it only took a few hoops to jump through to get a new card and then to get that card to actually work, which only occured a week ago. Anyway I made up for the lack of Moscow photos in STP.
















No comments:

Post a Comment