"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Twain)

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Moscow


Misha and I touring neighborhood
After three days on the train I arrived in Moscow from the town of Bysk and the big city culture shock of plentifullness and traffic set in.  I acclimated quickly considering I had to navigate myself 20km across the city to the home of my lovely hosts, Alex, Nastia, Misha, and Maverick (the family dog who I bonded quickly with). I never take for the granted the welcoming of friendly faces in a foreign city and this time thanks to My Aunt Ellen and her co-worker I was able to experience it Moscow. Nothing gives me more faith in humanity than when complete strangers welcome you into their home.
While in Moscow, I was able to see the big sights, The Kremlin and Red Square, in addtion to a walking tour led by Nastia's brother Anthon which included a bike market where I was able to find a new rear rack and tires, YES!! Both were essential since my rack was now only dangling by wires and the past couple weeks of riding I probably averaged one puncture a day.
I probably should have more pictures of Moscow, but apparently I was not in a picture taking mood. Don't worry it was only a minor lapse.

Whoo Red Square

Bunker 42 an old bunker 60 meters underground from the cold war that is now a very interesting museum

New tires and rack for my horse

No comments:

Post a Comment