"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Twain)

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Photo Blog

They oiled my chain and fed me
The view out of Litang

Locals taking a break

Emily signing another flag that a lot of the Chinese cyclists carry with them on their way to Lhasa, Tibet


Local trying out my wheels

Luckily he came back

Village camping always brings lots of attention

Me and the Chinese Johnny Depp

The village people wishing us well

Climbing out as usual

Pretty cool

Moving Tibetan style

View from above


This never really gets old

Celebrating another big climb

On the move

Village kid did a pretty good job with this photo

Why is her skin white?


My support team with the kids

The photographer

These white people are strange

Tried to trade a water bottle for the tiger coat but the kid wasn't giving it up

Peace


Happy as usual


Another 4000+m summit

Lots of bikes at the top


Ha


Road block, luckily we could get around this one

Ugh

This guy, Scott, is walking from Shanghi to Lhasa

All in a days work

Whoo, the top again with some motorcycle guys
The Yak Inn in XIngduchou, my favorite guest house to date

Just the way I like my Yak


Sitting on the hills of Tagong with a nice Tibetan lady

The lady admiring the pray wheels surrounding the monastery

Big mountain outside of Tagong


Tibetan cowboy

Herding his yaks

I wonder if Tibetan people take pictures of cows in America

Checking us out

With my support team and the very nice owner of the guest house Droyla


The stone forest outside of Tagong


One final push to the top


This canyon road was great until I hit the rock slide, luckily the hot springs and my support team were not too far  back

As my support team you must stay behind me!!


The start of my last big climb in China

Lovely day


The pandas say "Great job Jenna now eat the two snickers bar you carried with you to the top" (4481m)


I like not being able to see when riding down mountains

It cleared briefly

Scary tunnels with no lights and unsealed roads. I felt like I was riding through caves which would make it difficult to find my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment