"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Twain)

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Bilgee and her Father

 I met Bilgee on the streets of Nomrog while she was outside painting her sister's fence and I was out strolling.  She spoke really good English after working three years with an international crowd in a noodle factory in Korea to pay for her daughter's education.  She showed me around her hometown and we had tea with her father.  Her father kept asking "What is she doing out there all alone?"  Later that evening we ate marmot for dinner for those that are wondering it tastes like rabbit. After marmot it was time for homemade vodka and sweets. Her father was kind enough to share his favorite candy with me. As I was leaving they gave me a bottle of vodka and lots of sweets. The vodka was to give me strength, help me sleep, and keep me warm. Who knew vodka could have so many uses! I was walking out the door when her father called be back and kissed me on the cheek 3 times for good luck. Apparently three is a very lucky number in Mongolia!!

No comments:

Post a Comment